I’ve been pretty faithful to the same brands and products for almost 2 years now, but my inquisitive soul has been yearning for some spicing things up. as my current faves run out, I’ve been replacing them with some new-to-me products, and, since I’ve now basically replaced every one, I wanted to share the new routine with you.
please bear in mind that some of these are fairly recent, so I can only speak to the cosmetic elegance, feel and finish of the product, as well as its ingredient list and claims. I can’t report on any results as of yet.
just a reminder: I have combination skin that gets oilier in the hot months, seldom prone to dehydration. I’m over 40 and it, naturally, shows. I have (very tame, at the moment) hormonal acne on my jaw area, hyperpigmentation and melasma on my cheeks. my skin has been overall pretty resilient for a long time – I can use exfoliating acids and retinoids daily without any problem.
know your skin before you jump into buying ANYTHING suggested by anyone.
- Sachi Skin Triphala pigmentation corrector
- La Roche Posay Anthelios UV Mune 400 spf50+ invisible fluid
- Ultra Violette Queen Screen SPF 50
- Cantabria Labs Biretix Tri-Active Anti-Blemish gel (glycolic and salicylic acids, niacinamide, encapsulated retinol and a bacteria-fighting peptide) – this one can be used as a one stop shop, obviously, but I was told that it would work fine (for me!) under my other retinoid products; just be aware that you may be over-crowding your routine with the same ingredients in different formulas.
- Sachi Skin Ursolic Acid + Retinal Overnight Reform
(note: you can buy the Sachi products as a duo for a bit cheaper. still pretty expensive, though)
- Paula’s Choice Clinical Ceramide Enriched Firming Eye Cream
- SVR Topialyse Palpebral
- Ducray Dexyane Med Palpebral
- La Roche Posay Toleriane Ultra 8
- Geek and Gorgeous Liquid Hydration
- Skin 1004 Madagascar Centella Ampoule
- Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream Mist
- Laneige Cream Skin Refiner (at this moment it’s cheaper through Cult Beauty – and it’ll probably ship way faster. on Yesstyle you can get minis, though. Yes, there is a mist version, same ingredients, but higher price per ml because of the mist-spray, which is like the Dr. Jart one, so it’s really fine and pleasant but can’t be reused)
- Skintegra Úna Moisturiser