An overview of last month’s empties, with mini-reviews: know what I loved and repurchased and what is not coming back to my collection.all the links
where have I been burning my moneys lately?
- Cover Fx Monochromatic Bronzer Duo – Sunkissed Bronze
- Danessa Myricks Vision Flush – Ballet slippers, Sweet Nectar
- Danessa Myricks Twin Flames – Everlasting, Amour
- Beauty Bay Pressed Eye Pigment – Air
- Romand (Rom&nd) Juicy Lasting Tint* – 06 Fig Fig, 01 Juicy Oh!
(also mentioned Glasting Water Tint* 03 Brick River)
- Catrice Power Full Liquid Lip Balm – 10 Glossy Apricot
*you can get a discount on any purchase on YesStyle (<— affiliate link, the ones above are not) by using my affiliate discount code FREEVOLOUS10
whoa, this was a long one! there’s a bit of everything in this one :)gimme all the links!
on Instagram, you all voted on this one to go under the microscope today, and, to be honest, I was rooting for this one to end. I mean, the claims!
medium coverage, natural matte finish, long-wearing, hydrating… and a super affordable price? I wanted to put it to the test!
bar my pitiful shade matching, I think you’ll get a thorough first impressions, application and review on this little nugget.
it is available supposedly in 36 shades (at least in the US), in store in Portugal and in most online renowned online shops we only have access to about 10 (shameful!). I found a larger range at Maquibeauty but they only ship I believe to Portugal and Spain.
it turned out practically impossible hard to find an online store with more than the 10 shades (Feelunique, for instance, only has a limited shade range), so I’m leaving you the link to the Essence European website (where they mention only 19 shades… wtf?!) where you have a store finder.
do let me know if you know of a bigger online retailer that has the full shade range and can ship around Europe…
adjusting makeup to my skin’s needs in the summer and my yearnings for bright easy pops of colour.
here are some of current my go-tos.
- Fenty Beauty Ease Drop Foundation (210)
- Dior Forever Skin Correct Concealer (2W0)
- Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Matte Powder Foundation
- Kiko Fruit Explosion Eye Pencil (02 – also mentioned 03 and 05)
a haul and try-on of the goodies I got from the latest release.
this is becoming such a nicely curated collection and I can’t wait for the newness in the Autumn – and maybe some restocking of lip pencils, and the blushes that I had to leave behind this time around…
Lisa Eldridge releases new products just a couple of times a year and has a limited stock, so the best option would be to sign up for the newsletter and follow her channel to know all about the new products in advance.
there are still some products for sale at the time of this post, but for instance the blushes are all sold out.
the ones I got
Elevated Glow Highlighter in Crystal Nebula and Solar Light
Enlivening Blush in Pink Soap, Island Glow and Mountain Walk
Luxuriously Lucent Lip Colour in Kitten Mischief and Painterly
Gloss Embrace in Songbird and Affair
oooh, I’ve been wanting to do this for so long and a subscriber finally gave me the much needed kick in the butt to get on with it.
I got the tag from TTSandra (a gorgeous and super classy Canadian YouTuber, by the way), and added a couple of questions. if you want to carry on with the tag, feel free to pick it up from here :)
oldest foundation in my collection
Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation (or is it?*)
most expensive foundation I own
Chanel Les Beiges Water Tint (though this one is hardly a foundation or even a tinted moisturiser)
foundation with the best memory attached to it
Hourglass Vanish Stick Foundation
a foundation that is worth the hype
a foundation that is not worth the hype
Fenty Pro Filt’r Hydrating Longwear Foundation
favourite foundation from your favourite brand
Danessa Myricks Vision Cream Cover Foundation
most used foundation
Make Up Forever HD Ultra Foundation Stick
most nostalgic foundation
*MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation
Lancôme Miracle Cushion Foundation (discontinued)
most disappointing foundation
Catrice True Skin Foundation
most unique foundation
CYO Lifeproof (discontinued)
Danessa Myricks Vision Cream Cover Foundation
the one with the dupe (one that is hyped at the moment for some reason, but it has been done beautifully by other brands before)
Fenty Pro Filt’r Powder Foundation
Sephora Collection Matte Perfection Powder Foundation
the claims are medium-high coverage, hydrating, real skin, natural matte finish, long-wearing. I got it for 7,99€.
if you want to see how this Catrice True Skin Foundation worked for me, keep on watching!
for one of my absolute favourites, being such a unique and chic colour, I went for a very easy and casual monochromatic look, ideal to whip up quickly in a busy morning.
- Lisa Eldridge Velvet Lipstick in Velvet Decade – she opens sales for her products a few times a year, best to subscribe to the newsletter so that you don’t miss out on it. the batches are small and tend to sell out quite quickly;
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid in Opal – sad to see this brand go, and let’s just take a moment to remember that when no one else was using highlighter in any form, Lisa was already starring this product, that she got from Australia… years later, cream and liquid highlighters are finally a thing;
- Colour Pop Going Coconuts Palette;
- Marc Jacobs Highliner in Blacquer;
- Nars Climax Extreme Mascara;
- Catrice Slim’matic Brow Pencil.
playing with fresh colours today, showing you how I did the eye look from last week.
this palette had been waiting for a while now for its time to shine.